There many different reasons that would make your car a wreck. Some of the common reasons are accidents, very old cars and spoilt cars with no spare parts. Due to this reasons you may need to sell your car as a wreck instead of it wasting down. The spare parts of these cars are sold for operating other vehicles. The metal parts are sold as scrap metal to recycling companies.
The location where to dismantle the wrecked vehicles takes place is known as wrecking yard or scrap yard depending on the country. The most common wreck yards are usually for automobile. There are also other junk yards for bicycles, motorcycles, boats and small planes. When any automobile is damaged beyond repair or the cost of repair is not worth then selling it to the wreck yard is the best option instead of it being a complete waste.
When you want to sell your wreck car, there are several factors you need to consider to be of sure of the best value. Some of these will include:
- Evaluate the distance from where the automobile is and the wrecker yard.
- Always ask if towing of the car will be done by the dealers or whether it’s your cost. Many car wreckers usually tow the car to their yard which is an advantage to the seller.
- Call as many dealers to evaluate their prices to get the best price.
- You can always sell some parts that are on high demand even before selling you car to the wreckers.
Some of the parts that you just remove and sell are some parts of exhaust, hubcaps, mirrors etc. other major parts like the engine can be removed and sold to auto parts companies. Although getting lid of your old car can be quite difficult there are some tips that can help you getting the best value for your old car.
- Do research on the price of the car based on the making of your car and its condition
- Compare all the listings in the market the best price for the same model as yours.
Take into account the current condition of your car and compare it with those in the market. Some modifications such as coloring can influence the price.
- Negotiate the price with the dealer you never know the dealer may offer you more on your trade-in value.
- You may decide to sell the car privately without involving the dealer which is more cost effective.
If the offer is too low than you expect you can always repair your improving its condition and try to sell later.
You can decide to sell your car as a whole or dismantle it and sell in pieces. Whichever way you decide it is always advisable to do enough research of the available market and make the best decision which will give you a good value for your vehicle. You can sell you old car online where you meet buyers from all over the world.